Healing Your Sacral Chakra
Have you ever encountered someone who was naturally friendly and open without being pushy or nosy at the same time? Chances are, you’ve met someone with a balanced sacral chakra!
People whose sacral chakras are balanced are normally wonderful to be around. They are open to life and to everything happening around them and they convey an inner joy and radiance that is contagious.
That contagious energy reminds people to play, to create, and to squeeze in more joy in the little mundane parts of your day. The sacral chakra is a creative life force energy, that allows you to stay connected to this life and enjoy the pleasures that come with fulfilling relationships, hobbies, and activities. When sacral chakra is balanced, you find that your creative abilities open up. You know your place in this world, and you can be intimate with others, and with life.
Learn to balance your sacral chakra, so that you can connect with your creative expression of self, and also invite relationships that feel healthy, passionate, juicy, and joyful.
Where Is the Sacral Chakra?
The sacral chakra, svadhishthana, is the second of your seven major chakras within your physical body. Located in the lower abdomen and lower back area of your body (roughly three inches below your naval), the Sacral Chakra is connected to life energy and vitality.
The Sacral Chakra is one of the main energy centers in your body that connect you to your primal instincts. It helps you get out of your head and into your physical body. Just as we need food and water to live, we also need authentic connection to make our life meaningful. Therefore, the sacral chakra really governs emotions, and how we feel each day. It affects our relationships, and how safe and open we are relating with others.
We crave connection, but we don’t always know how to cultivate it. Unsurprisingly, it’s the sacral chakra that needs to be healed the most.
Sexuality and desire are very much connected. When we are uncomfortable with our sexuality, or have traumas around this, we block off our connection to our life force energies. This is problematic, because we also close off our desires, creativity, and knowing what gives us the most joy and elevated states of pleasure.
How do you get back your innate creativity powers? By recognizing how to shift back into alignment with your life force. By healing your sacral chakra. Taking the step forward to get in touch with your emotions, sensuality, creativity, and playfulness.
Learning and embodying the wisdom of your sacral chakra, allows you to tap into the joys of life and your ability to manifest and co-create the reality you desire!
What Happens Your Sacral Chakra is Out of Balance?
The first sign that your Sacral Chakra is out of balance is a lack of energy and vitality.
Does work feel like a grind and struggle? Do you feel like you're working incredibly hard without getting much accomplished, or just feeling like you're on a treadmill?
When the Sacral Chakra is weakened, closed or imbalanced you may simply feel a lack of joy, ease and playfulness in your life.
Another sure sign of a blocked sacral chakra is when the people in your life complain that you aren’t expressing yourself, especially your emotional self. If you’ve been the victim of sexual or emotional abuse in your recent or distance past it’s likely that this chakra is blocked and needs some attention.
This isn't the only way the sacral chakra gets blocked though… And not listening to your intuition or honoring your soul and creative self can cause blockages as well.
Additional sacral chakra symptoms of imbalance include trust issues, reacting in emotionally volatile ways, guilt surrounding sexual issues, feeling timid or withdrawn, hypersensitivity to your environment.
Typically, a blocked sacral chakra causes you to feel disconnected to other people or even respond in cold and unfeeling ways.
What Does A Balanced Sacral Chakra Look Like?
Your sacral chakra is your emotional center and so, signs of a balanced sacral chakra include feeling energized, intuitive, emotionally stable and compassionate.
With your sacral chakra is in balance you’ll find life changes are easy to navigate, your creativity is running on full power, and your sexual/erotic life is healthy and fulfilling. Life flows easily and you are eager for what is coming next, you enjoy all sensory experiences and find beauty all around you.
I want to remind you that chakras are constantly opening and closing, it’s part of their nature. If you experience something negative that sticks with you for the afternoon, one or more of your chakras are likely to close in response.
Normally, as you release the negativity and move on, the chakras open again. But when one or more of your energy centers is chronically blocked, it can create dis-ease, disease, and general disruptions in your physical, emotional, or spiritual body.
Chakra healing focuses on restoring balance and freeing blockages in order to allow the chakras to healthily moderate your energy once again.
One chakra out of balance can impact your entire being… So really, while you can focus on specific chakras, there is great benefit in balancing them all!
How to Balance the Sacral Chakra
Balancing the sacral chakra requires beginning to focus on engaging in proactive personal care.
The 21 ways to balance and heal your sacral chakra are all self-care lessons. When you balance your Sacral Chakra, you replenish yourself become filled up from wisdom that arrives from embodying your sacral chakra.
You replenish your creative and emotional energies, something which our work and relationships often demand from us.
Remember this idea that you must fill your cup first and take care of yourself, otherwise you’re pouring from an empty cup.
Here are 20 ways to bring sacral chakra healing into your life now.
- Get as much exposure as you can to bodies of water. Take a salt bath at home, dangle your feet in a lake, swim in the ocean, or hike along a river. Water is the element associated with the sacral chakra and exposure to it can help to achieve balance.
- Turn on the music and dance, dance, dance. Dancing around is a great way to get energy flowing throughout your entire body. If you’re shy, dance at home, if not head out with some friends and dance the night away.
- If you’re able, sit outside at night, either by a body of water or under the light of the moon. Proximity to both will bring healing healthy energy into your body.
- Tone up your abs and lower body with a yoga or Pilates practice (or any physical activity of your choosing). When energy gets blocked within the body, you begin to store it in your tissue. Taking care of yourself is the perfect way to eliminate tension pain caused from a blocked chakra.
- Use an affirmation specifically tailored to your second chakra. Some great examples are, ‘I am balanced,’ ‘Pleasure is sacred to me,’ ‘The universe is full of joy and beauty.’
- Make art. Find a creative outlet that you’ve neglected or always wanted to try and take a class or just start on your own. Don’t censor and don’t judge, just let creative energy flow out of you.
- Work on being mindful of which emotions arise in specific situations. If this is difficult, just give yourself permission to observe. Over time you can consider ways to change negative emotional habits into positive ones.
- Visualize sending healing orange energy to areas of the body where you feel pain or blockage. Orange is the color associated with your sacral chakra and using this color sends high vibration energy and joy to your affected areas.
- Keep citrine, orange calcite, carnelian, and other orange stones in your home, purse, or pocket. You can also work with moonstone due to its close connects with both water and the moon.
- Balance all of your chakras and restore your energy body. When one chakra is imbalanced, you can be sure that all the others are being impacted. Working on them as a system will bring faster and more lasting benefits.
- Eat foods like melons, oranges, coconuts, and other sweet fruits. Remember to drink plenty of water for optimal health.
- Let go of negative emotions and memories that you might be carrying. This can be through a visualization where you forgive others or yourself, asking your angels for help, and surrendering challenging past emotions to the Divine.
- Surround yourself with physical things that bring you a sense of happiness or joy. Consider art, color, flowers, gifts from others, mementos.
- Stop and smell the roses. Make time to notice things and try to connect to the original feeling of joy that they brought to you.
- Essential oils that help to heal the sacral chakra include ylang-ylang, patchouli, sandalwood, orange, xaing mao, jasmine, juniper and geranium. Use them on your body, as a fragrance for your home or office, or during healing bodywork like crystal healing or Reiki.
- Meditate while using visualization. Picture an orange lotus or orange orb of light in the area of your second chakra and hold the image there for at least five minutes. Remember to breathe!
- If you find you are unable to trust, particularly a spouse or romantic partner, spend time communicating openly about how you’re feeling. Start small with someone who is close to you. Intentionally build up to deeper sharing and connection.
- Keep a journal using writing prompts aimed at healing your sacral chakra. Start with, ‘What is my self-image?’ ‘Do I overindulge or under indulge in life?’ ‘In what situations am I ruled by my emotions?”
- Leave work early one day and don’t do anything to fill that free time. Just relax, be spontaneous, and follow your bliss.
- Do hip-opening yoga poses. Your hips are a major spot for storing tension. When this happens, the sacral chakra is directly impacted. Try holding pigeon, bound angle, or cow pose for 5-10 minutes each.
21. Chakra Healing Affirmations
Saying or writing affirmations each day is such a powerful practice because you are re-writing the scripts of your unconscious mind. Your unconscious mind influences the way you perceive the world, and the external circumstances and relationships you attract.
And this is so important, especially when your earlier experiences in life did not teach you how to play, how to feel safe in your body, and how to relate with others in a healthy way. Affirmations are a creative way to wield into the core essence of who you are, and who you are becoming.
Say these affirmations each day to keep your sacral chakra open and whole. You can reignite your creativity, stay passionate, feel joyful, and open up your felt sense of connection to purpose, to relationships, and to your emotions.
Learn to feel safe in your physical body, and feel confident when it comes to setting healthy boundaries in relationships so that you can continue living a happy and passionate life.
Daily Sacral Chakra Affirmation List
Choose any that resonates with you! When you say these words, practice feeling into these words and experience the energy and power that surrounds these statements.
- I give myself permission to explore, create, and play
- I easily manifest my wishes and desires with joy
- I love my body
- It is safe for me to embrace my sensuality and sexuality
- It is safe for me to feel my emotions
- I allow my feelings to move through me freely
- I honor the power in me
- I know what I desire, and what I desire is mine to receive
- I am in flow with life
- I am in harmony with myself
- I know how to get my emotional needs met
- It is safe for me to express myself intimately
- I am a co-creator
- I know how to receive and give
- I know how to nurture my emotions and feelings
- I connect with others without losing myself
- I embrace pleasure and abundance
- I radiate joy and attract the sweetness of life
- I am in touch with my creativity
- It is safe for me to connect with my body
- I am comfortable in my own skin
- My creativity flows through me with ease
- Embracing my sensuality and creative expression fuels my creativity and abundance.
- I love myself
The balance point for the sacral chakra comes from learning to trust your intuition while at the same time not allowing yourself to be ruled by every emotion you have. It’s so easy to close yourself off from others and from your life, but that only creates blockages within.
Unblocking energy takes practice, patience, and intention. Use these practices regularly and you’ll soon notice a difference in how you feel.
You can also get help healing and unblocking your chakras with help from the angels.
Want more? Click here for a Chakra Balancing Meditation
With love and light,